Saturday, May 31, 2008

No Spiders in Limbo

I’ve sung the requiem
For all the bitter hearts laid to rest
And I always do my best
To make them all feel welcome
In limbo or at the pearly pearly gates
Even in hell, I shake his hand
And bless all those that could not humble
To ask forgiveness
Even if in birth we were equal
In death we tread a singular path

The spider clings to
The cardboard scrap hanging from
The trash can’s flap
And I feel bad
For being so afraid of him
Because he is much more afraid of me
And where does a soul go
When it’s smashed by the sole of the shoe
I never saw a spider in heaven or hell
Nor in limbo
But maybe that’s because
Their souls look a lot like ours
Just as stupid
Just as timid
Just as much begging forgiveness

Does the Styx current rush along
Or does it wash us down the drain
with the spiders’

No comments: