Friday, May 9, 2008

80's Night

Said I should come to
80’s night
Make some new friends
Besides the ones that only know how to
Screw me over
I said I don’t know if I dance

No better time to find out then

Said she was worried
About me
And when was the last time
Anyone did that
Mom’s just glad when I
Leave the house
Dad’s just glad when I
Don’t wake him up

Said she hadn’t seen me
Happy since what was
Her name again?
Who cares, nobody needs
Names anymore anyway
Maybe we should just go by
Bob or Sue

Stood there for awhile
At the door contemplating
Something or other
I can figure most people
Out with one look but
She was different
Talking to her was like
Talking to yourself

Finally said
Please come by on
80’s night
Life’s not so bad
If you live it

So I told her
I would show up on
80’s night
Even though I knew

I wouldn’t.

No comments: