Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Untitled #3063

It’s time to get ready, love
Tomorrow will mean more than Pleiades
Have you considered your New Earth exonym?
The words to be whispered behind one’s back
You won’t get by with simple idiosyncrasies
Not at this point at least
The slake intoned
The touch exposed
The number of the beast

I’ve never been one for space travel
But I’ve had my share of it
It’s not at all much worse, nor too better
Just dim as hell, and deathly quiet
And not a sign of life for miles and weeks

But the view, the view, oh wow
Sometimes you have to just wonder
If God only wanted pretty things to look at
---What’s that?

No, the harmonium is already packed
And when we’ve made our place in Neon Valley
I’ll play those three chromatic notes for celebration
For peace and health
And victory over the elements
Those demons can finally relax

(???)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Kind of confusing, some of the wording sounds a little odd, but... hah! I like!