Thursday, May 15, 2008

Life according to Robin Alexander (More Excerpts)

1

I hate to clean

Part of me believes
Beneath all that clutter
Is something
But really
That clutter
Is who I am
I’d hate to clean it all up
And see that underneath
There is really nothing
But space

2

A war at Tarawa.
Tulsa night life:
filth, gin, a slut.
tug at a gut

live on evolver, revolve no evil

3

in a perfect world
the word "palindrome"
is a palindrome itself

4

What a boring life you lead
He had said
Yeah
I replied somberly
As if I actually
Wanted out of it

Most of the times though
I’m just glad to be alive

It’s too late for this anyway
Can’t it wait
Till tomorrow
Or never

5

the only difference between
life and death;
one, you're dead
the other, you're dying

g'night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Palindromes!! And it actually somewhat made sense!!! I applaud you :P This was kind of thought provoking. I like the title. Now I'm going to scroll up and read part two...

I can't believe I still haven't written anything... ah well. I'm trying the Italian still. It's both difficult and easy. Meh.

Sorry I haven't revieved much of anything lately. It's like I forgot poetry existed once poetrypoem died. Okay that's really sad, so I hope it's not true...

Hope you're doing all right. I'm currently boredish... It's just one of those dead 'n empty nights.