Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Nobody's Sorrow

I am nobody’s sorrow
But my own
I scratch nobody’s back
But mine
I write every little word
For myself
And douse it all with
The cheapest beer or wine
I can find

I feel no one’s pain
But mine alone
I change no one’s mind
But mine
I believe no theories
But the one’s I create
And when I kiss my children
On the forehead
I am kissing what little of me
Is in them

The neighbors just shake their heads
And go on with their business
The co-workers laugh or disregard me
Whatever time they are allotted
The doctor writes me sugar-pill placebos
Without even taking a look at me
And my wife
She just rolls her eyes
And tells me she wants a divorce

But she’s been saying that for
Thirty five odd years now
And I think we all know why
It simply sucks
To not be me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah. This is pretty cool.

So... now you have a coment. :P