Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Friends

I was going to talk
But I put it off
And that's when it came back around
I was going to sleep
But I stayed up all night
And that's when the angels came down
And rescued me (I wish)
Angels don't exist
At least not when you're this
Listless-less-less….

I was going to move
But instead I just turned in my grave
And waited on tomorrow or maybe yesterday
I was going to prove
Everything that I've got
But being dead's all I'm really good at

Hey hey hey
Who is the trickster shuffling cards?
Is he death or just boredom
Teasing my patience
I don't need this B.S.
I've lived longer than you have
In your infinite years
It's the nonsense catching nonsense
It's the donkey calling me a jackass

I was going to talk
Something I'm not too good at to begin with
But I just had other things to do
Or maybe part of me was living instinct
It's so easy to lose friends
When they are really only thinly veiled assassins

So do I prefer torture
Or death?
It almost seems a no-brainer
Until it actually happens to you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I kinda like this one. I like the one above it better. But it's cool. Death played cards once in a Discworld novel... yeah.