Saturday, May 17, 2008

Life according to Robin Alexander Pt 2

Whenever they said
God was in me
I always thought of
A little Jesus
Floating around in my stomach
With an umbilical cord

But I think I understand now
God is us, and everything around us
And he takes on this form
So he can be there
All the time
In everything we taste
Touch and hear

I finally get what they meant by
God is everywhere
Because God IS everywhere
He IS everything
His disguise is the “reality”
That we know so well

...I don't know
It sounded better
When I was drunk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How very pantheistic of this Robin Alexander. I like that name, btw.

It's an interesting direction to take, certainly. It's just that "Because God IS everywhere He IS everything" is simply repetitive; did you mean it to be that way? I mean it just says the same thing as the last bit. But then you move on to "His disguise is the reality" which uses different words, so that flowed better.

I had something else to say, and the headache made me forget it. Onto junk food and television...! Or something like that.