Monday, May 26, 2008

Get a Hint

If I could have it my way
I’d never speak to you again
But since we do it your way
I guess I’ll just ignore you

Some of us just need to get a clue
I don’t like you and you don’t like me
But you persist in just being there
Maybe you like me more than you’ll let on
But I’m sick of having to listen
To your sleazily-placed insults
Just to get an ounce out of
What you MIGHT say

But still you’re around
You might be joking, but I don’t get it
You can talk shit about my life
When you’re out there smoking whatever
Or selling it when you’re not
I may be boring for someone
Who needs drugs and blowjobs
To call it an enjoyable life
But some of us can sense the subtleties
And enjoy it just as much

So next time you leave
Please don’t come back
I said it once and you still
Don’t get the hint

Maybe you just need a friend
But it’s obvious why you don’t have one

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This poem is depressing.

Here's my latest wisdom words:


The world is full of people going against the grain. Be different from the differents. Saw the damn grain in half.

Anonymous said...

Guess what... I finally wrote poetry! Short ones. But I added them. And I completely redid my site. And now it's nearly five a.m. and I _still_ can't sleep. Argh. I will close with these words of wisdom:

"To err is human. To arr is pirate."