Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Songs Named After Women

You told me
Well hell, there’s no use
Spittin' flies
If you’re already bruised
To it

You told me
You’re just more in love
With a picture on a screen
If I know what you mean
No I didn't

You told me
You grew up saying mean things
But then you conformed
When you ran out of friends
Too bad we can't just
Love ourselves, huh

You told me
It’s so easy to fake
But I find it so hard
When it’s already hard to be
Myself, so wishy-washy

You told me
A lot of stupid things
But I remember every one
As if every man really wants
The dumb pretty ones
You almost made me a believer

You told me
If I didn’t grow up soon
I wouldn’t grow up at all
That’s the one time you were right
And we know it

You told me
To tell them
If they get the wrong impression
Good
If they judge me after one night
Whose fault is that?
If they already hate me
What is it I can do
To make them hate me
Even more?

At best
You made something last
At worst
You made me laugh
Then sob about it
When you weren't around

1 comment:

plotmeister said...

I promise to view your stuff soon! In the meantime I wrote a story it's on my site! If you're interested! I'm exhausted and buuuusy but back in the states in a week and will hopefully have time that weekend to do stuff! whee! hope you're doing well!