Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bleeding Scratchpost

I never belonged in any of your circles
And I never asked the “privilege”
I’m alone and yeah it’s lonely (no shit)
Tragedy eats a great big hole through my loins
And it’s my fault, oh joy, oh well

And I don’t hate any of you
You just bore me and I bore myself
But when the interesting type occasionally
Makes his way around, I just don’t know
What to do with myself
We’ve all got our own celebrities I guess
Mine just aren’t the prettiest ones in the room

He walks with a suit and tie
But inside he’s a broken man
An etched out, chiseled out idea of himself
Splashed against the headboard
He stands up completely straight
But his face is still in the ground
Not exactly looking at the past, no
But looking for something in nothing
Half-expecting, Half never-expecting a thing

I never wanted your understanding
Getting it just kind of scared the mystique
I never wanted your true acceptance
I just wanted an ounce of respect, as a human be-I-ing

No comments: