Sunday, April 19, 2009

Midnite Fool's Gold Rush

Black is the sky tonight
And my eyes will not stay open
But still I cannot sleep for the
Fear of dawn

The blood red of the neon
Screaming “open” through my eyelids
And they’re waiting there inside
Huddled together, just staring out at me
Now I know I can’t go in

Another feeling of déjà vu
As if all of the probabilities
Decided to repeat their selves tonight
And only tonight

A man in a hood approaches me
As I stand trying to focus on
Any particular features beneath the hood
But it’s just too dark or the air
Is just too humid
Most of what he says is
Completely unintelligible
But I make out some sort of
Sob story
I turn and start to walk away
But I feel him tugging
Tugging, tugging at me
“I DON’T HAVE ANY!”
I scream
Or at least I think I do
That’s what they all say

I’m nothing like the ones they compare me to
And I too compare you to those I once knew
As if attaching familiarity, somehow makes it easier

Oh but it does
We trick our brains daily

(this was originally three things that i just decided to join together. any disjointedness can be attributed to that; at least this time.)

No comments: