Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dream On (if yer able)

Just let me sit here and be tired please
No sleep allowed so just let me rest my eyes
They say “you’re young; you’ll survive”
But I’m just getting older

This time tomorrow I’m on clouds
Walking the river, traversing Downs
Oh no, it must all be witchcraft
Unless of course you’re Jesus
And you’re not

Just let me sit here and hate the space
I occupy so seamlessly
I do not slip through the fabric
In fact it aches when I press firm against it

I don’t want to be here
I don’t want to be here
But where’s the next best way out of reality
Minus the hard drugs
I don’t want to be here
I don’t want to be here
But I’ll get through it, so don’t
Feel sorry, god knows, I never have

Ha

Maybe I do want to feel your pain
It's not a thing like empathy

All these beautiful, thoughtful people
Sing of lovers becoming one
But that doesn’t happen
Sex is some moment of semblance
And the offspring is the semblance conceived
But I am still me
And you are still you
These better halves are
Nothing
But notions

Just let me sit here and die alone
The stupid things I say
Measured up to the ones I don’t
I wonder if
You even got the gist of
What I meant
Or meant to mean
At best

Maybe you can feel my pain
Not at all in empathy

No comments: