Monday, September 15, 2008

Yellow

I want to surprise you again
I want to go far beyond my limits
I want to surprise me again
Make you see what I’ve been doin’ all this time

Maybe I do have too many hobbies
And nothin’ much else in between
A few friends, but they don’t matter
Just like I don’t faze them

She walks underneath
Adjoined skyscrapers
And reads all the papers
That glide slowly down
All from different dates
And different years
Stories once current
Now gone yellow
Now discarded
Like the orphaned retarded
It’s in this one moment
I comprehend abortion

Yeelllloooow
Is the color of my heart
Is the color of my teeth, and eyes
Is the color of my piss

Yeelllloooow
Is the dreamers in the night
The bird that cannot take flight
Or fight, for what they believe
Or simply what God gave

Yeelllloooow
Is the color of my mind
Is the color of the tumor
In my soul, and its lining

It's the color of my life
And not at all like the sun
More the sickly sweat
Stained fingers from cigarettes

Yeelllloooow
I'm always going to be
Your broken history
But never the one
That happened
(Corn is also yellow. This doesn't flow well either. I might care more later. On an unrelated note, at least I know some useful html and can format as I please from now on. Whoop dee doo. On a slightly related note, I now have poems called Blue, Green, and Yellow. Yay, color ploms. On another slightly related note, the thought of "soul cancer" is cool. In an artistic sense of course... Of course.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soul cancer... is real. Whether its yellow or not... I dn't know.

The last verse of this made me wince. Very poweful combination of words. I think it flows pretty well. Better than the priest one.

I guess I really like all of this. The bit about friends, too.

Sorry these comments are kind of incoherent. I do like this one though, I think.

That movie just left a weird taste in my mouth, so to speak. About the only bit I immediately, unreservedly liked was where God (played by Alanis Morrisette) smelled the flowers and did handstands. But she doesn't make nearly as good a God as Whoopi Goldberg, sorry.

Uh... yeah enough rambling. lovely pleoms. ttylzz.