Thursday, September 4, 2008

It Died with Youth

There’s something inside me
That’s halfway done
And the longer I wait now
It gets in more ways gone
I’m just one more bloodshot American
Living the dream that the world can’t see
Clear enough

There’s a time and a place
For everything now
And that time and that place
Dictates everyone’s intentions
I’m in this time and this place
And I’m stuck and not moving
The ice is so thick
But it melts and I’m drowning

There’s a clock with no hands
And no ticking or chimes
It sleeps under Yggdrasil
And tells everything but time
And when the great tree blooms
As it does every few centuries
The clock stops and rewinds
And starts over again

There’s something inside me
That’s never done
Because if it’s done
Then see, there’s an object
It could be beautiful
It could be average

Do I really want to
take that chance?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this. Really like it.

Sorry I haven't reviewed lately. I've been kind of caught up in doing nothing. Not even my homework.

The part with Yggdrasil surprised me, but it was really good. I liked it a lot.