Sunday, September 21, 2008

Adrift

Lost the plot
Lost the setting
All the characters
And their development

Lost the coughs
Lost the sneezes
Lost the bleeding noses
And the bloodstained lapel

Lost my heart in the gutter
Lost my mind to a conscious lover
Lost my soul to hell
And no one even so much as
Asked right out, politely

My teeth are rotting before I’m dead
My eyes are deteriorating with the TV screen
Every dot and squiggle
Embedded in second memory
My blood is pumping in the wrong direction
Turpentine sludge slowing and stopping
My eardrums bleeding and popping
With the loveless, serious tune of the band on the stereo

God please
Set me adrift
I wonder if
It matters now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suppose you don't need to me to tell you that this a complete downer.....

I did like the line about a "conscious lover" and then the "band on the stereo".

This is too full of death for me to really like, sorry. :\

Feel better! Don't let annoying people get you down!