Saturday, September 20, 2008

Duplicitalubiquitous

When’s the news?
It’s nothing new
I follow close behind
When you’re sleeping
When you’re waking
When you’re walking
When you turn

And every song that you sing
It casts a glance
To the darker corners of the theatre
Till it all makes sense
Yet it does not flow
It does not go
In the direction
Of the bread trail left here for it

You’re so conceited
You’re so naïve
You’re so defeated
Is it because of me?
Did I hurt you?
In the act of trying my best
To never hurt you
I cannot win

Are they cutting on your heartstrings?
Are they tugging the linen sheets
Do they want you bare and naked
Vulnerable to the touch or wisp of breath

My audience will never laugh
This jaded crowd will never cry
This heartless mob will never feel
The play goes on but no one cares

Why do I talk?
Why do I sing?
Why do I write?
Why do anything?
Why do I move?
Why do I love?
Why do I breathe?
Because I can and will

Forget-me-nots
All forgotten now
Collapse the rafters
Rewind the laugh-track

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... this is quite...

Powerful? I'm not sure if that's the word I'm looking for.

I find lots of the images in here kind of appealing in a weird sort of way. Maybe appealing is the wrong word, too.

In case you can't tell, putting my reactions to things into words is lately very problematic for me.

It's very...

Sorry, I've got nothing. I think I like it, though. It's one of those I want to keep rereading.

It seems like the writing has been kind of slow for both of us lately... unless you're just doing the prose thing more and not sharing lol.

I don't suppose I could talk you into outlining a story plot thing with me for an epic poem for the upcoming NaNoWriMo...? :P