Sunday, May 17, 2009

We slept through the movie

There used to be friendship in friendship
Love used to have something to do with love
But now there are too many mysteries
Too many ironies
Too many discrepancies
To truly love anyone
It’s probably just my bad experience
But my own is all I’ve got
There are plenty of exceptions
But when it comes right down to it
I won’t let you take my sanity
With yours
Not for love
Not anymore

Sacrifice and little lies are the key
But now it's just gone too far
Wake me up
Please
wake me up

2 comments:

Plotmeister said...

Unfortunately I am here not to review, but to say useless things.

Namely, I have been unceremoniously dumped by the world. So I am off to collect the sum total of human knowledge in the multiverse.

I will eventually review some of your poems.

Tomorrow... er, later today (It's 2 a.m.) I leave for summer school. Hopefully this will occupy 99% of my time, enjoyably, for the next month or so. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

Plotmeister said...

P.S. The new message at the top of your blog made me laugh. Is that actually an accurate assessment of your project?