Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dreams cost Money

Alone together

Easels on fan blades
Wall-splattered paint cans
We’ve got better things to do than get high
But the fumes get us anyway

In my daze I blurt out some phrase
That means nothing
But sounds like it does
And get on her bad side

She cuts the air
And we shrink into place
As I’m still thinkin’
Too many/too few women in my life

But it’s better than the alternative
Scraping the mulch off some prick’s taint
Sucking worms through straws
Spitting them out on the pavement
For the rain to finish off

I gotta say to her today
While the sun’s still out
And the light from the window
Still cuts through the grey

I love every inch of you

There’s a tiny little space between dimensions
Like the cleavage of atoms
The crack between her breasts
Warm and cozy and real and beautiful

No comments: