Thursday, May 21, 2009

Forefather

The ectoplasm slowly
Seeps out of my eyes
Makes blankets of droplets
Where my mouth hangs wide
But a room void of sound
Can’t make me feel anymore dead
As the time ticks closer to the hour
It’s all the somnolence I’ll get

I’m alone
But who can blame anyone that avoids me

I’ve known many people
Some I have wronged
But none could prepare me for
One night so long
With them creeping the walls
And turning the pulpits
Into more than just guardrails
Guarding the culprits

We’ve all been burned alive
Some more than others
But who could have ever known
His would be so literal
When they ordered him, “Apologize!”
His mouth would not even open
Now mine won’t even close
And I’m left here hoping

For some bit of mercy
No matter how small
I was digging for the truth
But now I just want out

I’m alone
But I was the one who asked them to leave
Right now I only want to save myself
But I also can’t take anyone with me

So I apologize for him
And all he did you “wrong”
Because my life’s more appealing
Than eternity inside these walls

2 comments:

Plotmeister said...

I really like the ending. And this bit:

"But who could have ever known
His would be so literal
When they ordered him, “Apologize!”
His mouth would not even open
Now mine won’t even close
And I’m left here hoping"

I think it's the last line that does it--everything's so dark and then there's "hope" thrown in.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!