Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Endomorph

My hair is always falling out
But I've always got too much
I continue to hurt all over
Even with 8 hours or more
But I swear I think of you too
I swear

The man tells me time is an illusion
But how can I believe him at all
When I'm older, grayer, deader
With every passing moment
Sitting here thinking of you
But never saying hello
or asking how the kid's are

It's almost like I don't care

It's the things we believe that drive us
But I can't put myself wholly into any of it
Here he says there's only beauty
The other says there's only depth
Can't there be some sort of...
Sacrifice
No matter how small?

I've been dreaming bigger things lately
Not just something that would make a good book
or movie or song or album or painting
More along the lines of how I can help this
Beautiful, fucked up world
And if it even needs helping

But I swear I still think of you too
I do

No comments: