Saturday, March 21, 2009

Monsterisms

Tell me if you heard this one
Man walks into barbershop
Asks for a little off the top
Breaks into broadway vaudevillian dance routine
Barber gives him the regular shave
Knowing full well dead hair doesn’t grow again

Tell me if you knew this one too
Nobody told me the sky was blue
They just told me about the color blue
Then I looked at the sky
And I wonder if I were partly colorblind
If it would be grey or purple
And then I’d never know what blue was
The blind man scoffs
And says the imagination is far superior
But I wonder if he knows what blue
Looks like in his mind, if he never saw it
And how one could describe it in a sentence
So he might understand it

God’s just playing an advanced version
Of Sim City on his PC
He doesn’t have a laptop
Because he never leaves his room in heaven

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I kind of really like this.

Sorry it's been ages and ages since I visited your stuff here. :( I'm not a slacker, I just (currently) live a really hectic life!

The last bit about God changes the way I read the above stanzas. Instead of real people now, they're... not puppets, but movie characters, with the lines written out for them already,t hey don't "mean" what they say because they can't think.

Blue skies, vaudeville routines, barbers, computers. The images are extremely varied, but it seems like, divided into three separate sections as they are, they build on each other. We start at the bottom, vaudeville, and work our way upwards to skies and heaven.

This is my attempt at "real" reviewing. lol.

If you get a chance, there are two new poems I'm really glad I wrote. G's (the one that says unified version 3) and Manners(isms). If you could review one or both of those, I would be really happy!

I'm going to read one or two more of yours before i have to run to class. I hope life is treating you well! When I can get back on msn (after apr 29) maybe we can have a chance to talk again.

Italy is okay, sometimes great, but I miss home. It will be sad to go back, but really good, too.