Thursday, March 26, 2009

Death and/or Murder in Fiction

I watched that movie again
I don't know why
It kinda bothers me
Probably because she hadn't seen it
And it really isn't too bad

She sat on my lap the whole time
Cupping her eyes

It has all these psychedelic flourishes
That could have been left out
And people would still love it
But there's a lot of violence
Understatement I suppose
But it almost succeeds in what it's saying
I think
The glorification in notoriety
Is ridiculous and only perpetuates
Even more murder
or ill-doings

But at the same time it almost bored me
Someone dying every 5 minutes
I've never been so bored with death
All these movies succeed in is---
Besides an hour+ of entertainment---
Cementing my stand on death in art
Or fiction or entertainment
About as strong as my stance
For it in the real world
I want to treat my characters
Even the tiny ones
Like they matter

Somebody might say maybe I've
got issues myself
That some kind of God-ache
I might feel from killing one
of my creatures
Is fucked in itself
I can't honestly disagree

But yeah, the next murder
(if there is one)
Will need a sprawling arc
And his/her murderer will pay dearly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last two stanzas of this are intense. I envy you the phrase "God-ache". I am impressed.