Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kinda like the Moon

Everybody that lives around here is so goddamn nice
But then that only accomplishes in accentuating the lies
But I’m fine with it, I already know enough of the truth
So much so I can recite it backwards blindfolded in my sleep
Stranded on the moon

I don’t always believe in the truth
But the truth is, it still exists
Whether I stop to stare at it
Or pretend to ignore it on my way
Home from the moon

I do always believe in the good
Whatever that is which we’ve disagreed on
Yours holds no less worth, I’m sure of it
But in my eyes, well yeah, it seems pointless
Kinda like the moon

All this artificial light
Gives me enough to ponder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At first the reptition of the moon lines kinda threw me; they seemed really out of left field, extra. Despite the title. But the last two lines really tie it all together. I still don't really see the connection with "stranded/kinda like the moon" with the stanzas they're attached to, but the concluding two lines reall resonate with me. Artifical light, night-time thinking; the images it conjures up are... not necessarily "good" like "happy", but fitting. I also like your play with truth, and the "always believe in the good... yours holds no less worth...but in my eyes..." is an insightful way to put it. That's EXACTLY the problem/feeling so many people have. That I have. In all my thinking about theology and Truth and what's true and crap. Of course I may be completely misreading you, but that's the great thing about being a reader. You can know or not konw what the author meant, and what it means for you is still valid too.