Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Give my condolences to last week

I talk of proof
And morality
But I’m really just as bad
As you are
I have little words to comfort me
But little words don’t last so long
And at the end of the world
We’re not so strong
To hold in all the darkness
That resides in the truth

Could it be so bad?
Could it be much worse?

I knew what I wanted to say
But I didn’t say it
The line between action and intention
Is a bloody thick one
I’m sorry you were the one
That had to pay the price to hell
And back

It took a long time to find you
It took seconds to let you go

I speak of youth
As if I’m already dead and old
Always the late bloomer
Or maybe just with different priorities
Whatever the means
It does not matter
In your eyes
I no longer have worth
Not even a slight twinkle

Could it really be so great?
I just wanted it to be a bit better
But some things aren’t meant to make sense
The idiots we are, we still look

1 comment:

Plotmeister said...

Some of the lines here I really like, and I want to kidnap the title it's so good. :)

Will you read my new one? It's short.