Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Whales

Out of focus and hyped up on unlove
Out of focus and the difference that’s made
The dusty camera remains on the shelf
And she sings with her mouth shut
But she sings with her heart on full blast

Out of focus and misunderstanding
Why exactly the meaning’s misplaced
The window blinds and the clarity fades
Soon it all will kill you
But we all die, so why cry
It’s just salty water running down your face

I don’t need your desk
I don’t need your nameplate
I don’t need your ideas
Or point of aesthetic
I get great shots
Without a camera
I see it all in third view

Out of focus and ready decisions
Out of focus but what does it mean
When every choice means indecision
When every rhyme is just room to save face

And how many whales had to cry
To get the ocean that salty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the one hand, I don't like this. On the other, I freaking love its fabulousness.

I know these comments are just SO helpful...

I like the 2nd to last stanza a lot, I think.