Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hungry

Spiritual
Emotional maybe
I never thought it could get this
Literal
My stomach like the camel’s hump
Filled with fat
Eating itself

My friend told me
A terrible joke
The kind he’s good at
The kind I like
“If you look at the world
Through the eye of a camera,
You can’t help but get a bit negative.”

Good
Bad taste
What’s taste
When there’s no taste at all

This alley orphan
Devours the beans I toss out
All the while
Trying, forcing myself
To think for myself
Of myself
Not of how bad it is
But of how much worse it can get
And how it gets there
Every time
Slowly but surely
Is it unconscious
Is it conscious

I can see it
But I can’t take it
I don’t want to take it
Too afraid I’ll hurt it
Or it might hurt me
Who was it that
Morphed love into a
Burning stove

This emptiness
This void
This blackhole in my belly
There’s got to be something better than
Cheap thrills, sex, booze
Drugs, camera eye highs
But nothing’s as quick I find

After all
It’s just a life
And I’m just living it

No comments: