Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Somnambulance

I see or hear about murders all the time
But the other night it was on the beach
No less than 20 meters from my door
They excluded me from the case
In lieu of special interest
Most of the heads are newer though
And don’t even know the seniority I hold

It must have been two weeks later
When I woke up on a highway
The blaring of a car’s horn must have taken me
I was alone in the grass in my robe
Bare-footed
It was wet and cold
I got an aching feeling
No one ever told me I sleepwalked

When I got home
(Nearly 2 miles away)
I sat and suddenly remembered
The hazy dream based on an experience
When I had to shoot down a dangerous suspect
The night of the murder

I decided I had to get a look at the scene

When I arrived I noticed
The print in the sand
Bare-footed
I went through the police tape
And placed my foot within the print

An exact match

There had to be some kind of mistake...

(continued… maybe.)

No comments: