Thursday, June 12, 2008

Robin Alexander 3

Who believes in love these days
She sat straight across from me on the bus
And I couldn’t work up the nerve
Saw her again on the elevator
My heart skipped a beat or two
I needed to take the 6th
She was taking the 9th, so I stayed
I stood outside the elevator
I watched her walk away
Made my way through the tiny firms
That mind their own business
Found the exit to the roof
Watched the sunset by myself
Finally noticed I was an hour late
Went to ground level and
Headed back to the bus stop again

Never believed in love at first sight
Not so sure I believe in love at all

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this. I like how the ending relateds to the rest of it.

You know, I'm not sure I do trust coffee. But it was an awesome line to start out with :P

I really wasn't feeling opinionated when I wrote Modernity... just thinking about how the cynics often view people who don't act like they do. Cool aloof and "mechanical" vs Warm engaging and "natural". Or something like that. Who knows.

Anonymous said...

I sent you facebook flair, because it's 5:17 a.m.

You should get online sometime and talk to me! lol. Otherwise I'll run out of things to do, and actually have to... gasp... sleep at night! lol.