Tuesday, June 3, 2008

All the Best Satirists

Maybe I should study Buddhism
Or Greek mythology
Just to have something else to
Parody

Maybe I should take up
Another addiction
And forget about the regular itinerary
This nice little party
They’re throwing me
For reasons that cannot faze

There is no sense in tradition
Family is all that matters
But family’s what’s driving us crazy
And I dream of a times’ told
Terribly old, satirical story
And want to be a piece of it
For centuries it’s remained untitled
But I scoff and give it one

“How to exist on your own terms”

And I’m burning calories
Burning up the atmosphere
And I’m in harmony
Writing etudes on misery
And if you fill me up
I will not spill
Because anyone irrelevant
Can clearly see
I’m making something of
Being a nobody

But I’m still learning
How to exist on my own terms
How to craft a new given name
No senseless vowels or consonants
May hold it back from the gathering of
The burning hearts of dying stars
That stretch into deep space
And send back lunar melodies
To greet us on the radio
The familiar tunes
Having yet to be heard

These are the means on how
To exist
To feel
To sense
But never quite
To see

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I hhaven't read your stuff lately.

I'm sick right now, luckily someone covered my shift. Can't get ahold of my boss though which is a problem.

Prince Caspian isn't as good as TLTWATW, but isn't too horrible. Made of Honor is predictible and disapointing.

I'm going to go puke my guts out now. Bye.

Anonymous said...

omgz! i wrote poetry!

and i haven't seen you online in ages!

and i'm going to arizona in two weeks! and then promtply going on a road trip to california! life is so good! except i have three dollars to my name!

sorry about all the exclamation marks! okay probably not! lol! hope you're doing well! hasta lasagna!

Anonymous said...

third stanza to the end = amazing and wonderful. i didnt even finish the poem, just had to tell you that.

*goes back to reading*

okay, i like the rest of it too.

why does it suddenly seem to me that all your poems are about the same thing? i don't necesarily mean that as a criticism. it's just a sudden nagging thought in my over-sugar-fied brain.

so i went back and reread my "third poetry book." or skimmed, at any rate. it's pretty bloody awful. i like "none to spare" much better. i've had some slight inspiration these past couple days, at least... strange, how that tends to coincide with listening to anything anna nalick sings. yeah. oh well. i need to go to sleep before this gets any longer. ttyl. perhaps. if wer'e ever online at the same time again :P