Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Speak in Pictures

How does it feel
To feel unfulfilled
You’re just as much of a bat
As I am
And it’s not helping

How does it feel to get a
Get out of jail free
Metaphorically
It shouldn’t be this happy
in the dark
Should it?

I probably should not judge you
For things you have done but will not do
Again but things like that eat at me
When I’m trying to sleep
Then again
I’ve already spent a third of my life
Doing that and don't
Remember a second of it

Hello, 1984 again (the year, not the book)
And I’m barely a thought
Let alone conception
And I have no self-control
When the piggies ask for their checks
So they can take floozies around in limousines
And call it living

Maybe I just need to feel it
Feel what
I want to fall asleep beneath this tree
But I’m too busy thinking
Of the things you’ve done but will not do
Again and I wonder when I’m going to
Get my chance
What chance
I had a million
And blew them
Skewered them
Till the aggregate cracked and
Took me with it
And as I’m plummeting
I’m not praying
Nor is life flashing before my eyes
Like they say it does
Nah
I’m thinking of all those bad bad things you did
That you say you will not do
again and

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the way the last line cuts off. For some reason the opening stanza made me laugh. Unfortunately the middle seemed to repeat a lot to me, maybe that's my own prejudices coming into play. Either way.