Friday, January 30, 2009

Somnambulance Pt 6

Lights poured into my eyes
“Where am I?!”
I thought I shouted
A man and a woman
Came into focus
The man was tall
With brown hair and glasses
The woman was average
With fair hair
She was attractive
They both wore white suits

“Hey, he’s awake!”
The man shouted
I asked my question again
“Where am I?”
I tried to lift my head
But my fatigue
Weighed a ton or more
I couldn’t move
Even if I wanted to

I decided I didn’t want to

“You’re in the General,” The man said
“General?” I barely got out
“Hospital,” the woman finished
“Oh, dammit… my head.”
“You got struck by lightning
And were in a car accident,”
The woman explained.
“Oh.”
“It’s a very rare occurrence.
That’s why we were studying you
To better understand the condition.”
“Ah. I don’t care. Let me sleep.”
“Okay.”
They left the room
And I was alone
I fell asleep within seconds

Screaming woke me up
I forced myself up out of the bed
Still stiff, but well enough
The room was inverted
“What the fuck?”
I wondered if it was an effect
Of the lightning strike
I stumbled to the door
And walked out into the hall
The place was on fire
Bodies were all over the floor
Most of them were torn and ravaged
Down the hall, I could see
Two men in black with sunglasses
And a huge beast behind them
Also perfectly black
…Grendel?
The two men walking toward
Held pistols in the air
Before I could think
The beast leapt at me

I woke up
The man and woman doctor
Looked down at me again
“Are you okay?”
“Yeah, just a nightmare,”
I said

Or was it?

No comments: