Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snibe

Why should I stay humble
I don’t need a god, I just want one
My body may be small
But my mind is infinite

Cleanse me
Break open my skin
And heal me
I want to feel something else
Besides futility
And humiliation

But I truly do love myself
Most of the time anyway
And when the big guy comes
And tells me “how it is”
I just cringe and bear it
Not even thinking
Why I have to again

Even when the shade clears
The shade’s still there
My silhouette on blacktop
Preaching pride and machismo
Over love and humility

And why should I be so humble??
I’m not that good
But I’m better than them
And yet they’re feeding me scraps
Like I’m the farmer’s pig

I wanted to grab you but you fell beneath the chairs
Re-emerging as a black dead thing
You laughed wholeheartedly
Breaking my skin
You got inside of me
And gave me this brief fabrication
Of having been saved

But I wasn’t saved
And I’m starting to wonder if I ever can
It was just another bad idea
Disguised as good
As they’ve always been

No comments: