Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Old-fashion (Never Gets Old)

I don’t know what you’re waiting for
But you’re good enough for me
You think you can't pin me so easily
As if this front is a facade for anything but shame
I just learned to hide it better than most
But you still cry afoul when I finally let it out
‘Shame? That’s it?!’
Somehow it must be
Deeper than that

When I see you naked in bed
No sex involved, nor embrace at all
How can I even touch this
Too beautiful
But where’s my "point!" she says...

My point is
I don’t want to just love you
I want to know you inside out
I want you to fall against me
And feel more than just air
A weight, a feeling
A solid being
Let me know I’m here

But then the lights flash on
Through the slats in the blinds
And part of you always disappears
Through the creak in the door
Or the crack in my head
It doesn’t matter much to where

I, always claiming the victim
To your negligence
But somehow it must be deeper than that

Or maybe I just want it to be
Deeper than that

No comments: