Tuesday, December 30, 2008

With the Ball

I’ve known you three months
But I still don’t know you
I know no last name, just a first
A face to the name
And an awkward demeanor
Resuscitation in verse
(How well you make me feel so
Small)

I often wonder if you’ll come here
Maybe I can see you one more time
Where the formless objects roll into motion
At the Belt and the Nile
Where they meet
In late fall

But denial
Sweet denial
You tricked me before
Shame on me if you do it
Again-gain-gain-gain…

But this time…
For real
…Would you be as cool
As you were?
Or would you let it all
go
When I think of you
I realize it was honest, true
But what the hell does the heart
Really know

So here I lie
Where the hours fly by
Like flashes in the blind-spot
Of my window
Where the early bird
May catch the worm
At the price of his/her sanity

Life doesn’t roll with the ball
So don’t take it personal
Don't let it
get to ya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this one. I'm afraid I can't really explain why, but it's definitely an interesting read.