Friday, December 12, 2008

Movie Dialogue #18

"When's that book coming out?"
"Tomorrow."
"Really?"
"No."
"Oh."
"Whatever."
"How's the fiancé?"
"Funny haha."
"Oh I forgot."
"It's okay."
"The mortgage?"
"Swimming."
"Swimming?"
"Swimmingly; sorry."
"Do you want to be left alone?"
"No, I guess not."
"If you say so..."
"Nice weather we're having."
"...Uh. It's really cold."
"You don't like the cold?"
"I like the temperate."
"I like the cold."
"Why?"
"So many chances to get warm."
"Huh?"
"Cocoa. Fireplaces."
"You still drink that stuff?"
"Not really. It's a nostalgia thing."
"Yeah."
"Yeah."
"Well, I gotta go."
"Go where?"
"Elsewhere."
"Yeah, right."
"Look, it's not you, I just need some space..."
"Funny haha."
"I thought so..."
"It would be if I didn't only just hear those very words a week or so ago."
"Wow, she actually said that? Minus ten points for un-originality."
"Look, it's not you, I just need some space. Therefore I'm calling off the marriage, our relationship, or anything I have to do with you."
"Well, if she said that..."
"Nah. Just the first part."
"Well, I'm sorry man, really."
"No you're not."
"Yeah, maybe not a lot, but that does suck."
"Thanks, I guess."
"Well, I'm gonna go then."
"Bye."
"...Oh! And thanks."
"For what?"
"Showing me how I might miss winter if it ever skipped a year."
"De nada."
"Feliz Navidad mi amigo."

No comments: