Monday, December 29, 2008

Reality

You're the rudest awakening I've ever received
I travel far to get nowhere and that's where we meet
Your feet sink in the clay as if it's still wet
Pulling me with you, how did I get here

Maybe I'm just better off alone than with anyone
Does the sky eat itself, or does it copulate
The sun masturbates to starstreams a million miles away
Just as much a pervert as everyone here on this planet

I apparently see all "wrong" so I'm left grounded
All my greatest intentions turn out completely unfounded
And all the ingrates that can't fake at least respect
Get drunk on mama's wild turkey and then become teacher's pet

I don't want to be perfect, had enough of that
I don't want to be famous, they're pretty idiots
I don't want to be loved, maybe just ignored
I don't even want you anymore... dear

You took those memories
You left those memories
You trashed those memories
What more is left to desire
Besides reality
anymore

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg you are still alive!!!! Or at least were at the time you posted this. Which is good news!!

How are you??? I hope you had a good Christmas and holidays and such, or at least that they weren't too bad...

I really like the first line of this poem. Really. And the third stanza's second line. Those are my favorites here.

Well.... get online sometime :) I'm trying to remember to log into msn more.