Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Birthday

Good morning sky
Happy birthday
One of your particles
Had to have been born
One year ago today

Good morning fence
Who cut your limbs
And put you up here to
Slowly and pridefully rot
All for the outer image

Good morning Mr. Celebrity
Happy birthday
I know everybody loves you
Because you emerged from the gene pool
A specimen to behold
And you got your lucky break
And I’m just one more fan
But I wish you the best anyway
Even if you’re not listening

Good morning to me
Happy birthday
I have to tell myself
Because no one else does anymore
Because I may have gotten too damn good
At self-pity even while I’m crying for the world
But somehow it still seems like I’m
Bitter and bored, with knife in ego
Laughing at it all
Just because laughing feels better
Laughing feels great

But good morning to me
Happy birthday
Nothing else
Goodbye

No comments: