Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back Up Against the Wall

How can you dare,
You psychopomp
You think you know death?
It bores you now
But did you ever know
The loss of oxygen
The division of
blood and water?

How can you say
After all of this time
That life is but a glimpse
Of what comes here in death?
All of these ghosts
And all of these lies
Screaming in my head
Screaming from behind

Look outside the box
Quit your nightjob
Become a humble fisherman
Because who pays you off
When the gods need motivation
Do they suffer the same fate?!
Or do they sell magic
Till the magick wears off?

How can you tell me
After all this lifetime
That all I have done
Cannot amount to much
With the lack of a figure
Looming over my shoulder
And no greater goal
But happiness?

Not ego, nor vengeance
Just happiness

Here's this man of death
But who nurtures birth?
Is there more than the mother
Could this be mother earth?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS POEM.

I don't even want to analyze why. I just love it. End of story.

Anonymous said...

I also love the subtitle on your page. "When there's doubt..." I like it tons and tons!