Friday, August 15, 2008

Adieu

I have problems
Tons and tons of problems
And I’ll count them all off for you
Not counting all the times I’ve already counted
But will that really make you happy?
Will that really bring us closer?
Will that really rip this dagger out of the dead air?

We have problems
Hundreds, thousands of problems
But are your reminders really just reminders
Or do they stem from this deep-seated hate
The need to change that which is just not there
Because I’m not there
I’m not where you saw me in tomorrow

This is me, the cliché
Love it or hate it
God knows I have
And at times I still want to change it
But this time those changes will be for me
Not for you
Not for a cushy job in the suburbs
With 7 bratty kids on anti-depressants

The world has problems
Too-many-to-ever-count problems
I’m just sick of staring mine down
While you put yours on ignore

“Happiness is easy”
What a beautiful contradiction it could all be
Until then
Adieu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think art is important. In the big grand scheme of things. Really important.

Art proves we're human. It keeps us human. It makes life bearable and the truth more real.

Art is a huge part of life. In a way, everything is art. Striving to make art well means... you've got at least one priority right. :)