Thursday, June 25, 2009

Opalescent

You broke me out of one
Simple standard
To force me onto
(In Indian style
All the while)
Any other cliché
One for the other
It’s not okay
But I’ll endure
It’s my middle name

Where have we heard that one before

Whatever happened to sincerity
Does it really come in exchange for
Manhood?
Nobody wants a sacrifice
It’s even worse than
Picking sides
Nobody cares for the ineffectual
Loser
He’s useless as the

Blank, blank page
Blank, blank screen
All these dots and squiggles
All these pretty/ugly people
Selling you things you could never need
Create the problem, hand out the solution
Cheap as free

I want to bare teeth
Like a tree bears fruit
Not a perfect white
But blinding enough to kill you
If I wanted to
But I don’t want to
I just want us off our asses
And into the sunlight
Hot and festering
the entire way

No comments: