Saturday, July 19, 2008

Woozy

Change
Who anticipates change
Deranged
Who cuts into fire and bleeds water
What’s to gain
But a whole new outlook
Outlooks are undemanding
Outlooks do no affection

Who’s to blame
Now accepting exceptions
All true statements
To breed from the false
If we believe them
Fabrications
Fabricated
Venus daisy, peckish
Woozy

The sun is burning
I am burning
I am laughing at reddened skin
And pathetic ploys for pleasure
The hedonists speak as if in faith
I wonder if the focal point
Enjoys its position
Its varicose broken-hearted
Showing like unintended favors

Change
Who makes change
The change in my veins
The change in the filter
The change of underwear
1 month off
4 weeks to get it straight
28 days or so
And I’m a babbling brook
A rambling packrat
A dueling wombat
Eye narrowed on prey
Getting more than enough
More than enough
Change
What brings about this change
This coursing of eyeballs
And swishing of swords
Shaped like pens
And if I want change
How do I change it
If I want change
How do I make it stop
How do I make it stop, mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. the last line hurts. "like unintended favors" is a stroke of brilliance, though. I kinda like this one. Some of it seems very disjointed. The first stanza really made me think, it's very cool. "pathetic ploys for pleasure" - I like that phrase. "wonder if the focal point enjoys its positon" - seriously. heh. I wonder. Anyway... great job.