Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quiet People

People don't approach me
I am not the approachable kind
They probably think I've got it all figured out
Like I don't need anything more in my life
But the perceptions have always been
Incredibly wrong

She tries so hard to continue the conversation
Thinking I might actually be involved
Maybe I could think of something myself
But I can't and won't force it like I used to
It's not worth the trouble, really

I recently met a girl I fell for almost instantly
But her boyfriend was better in so many ways
I just got choked up and walked away
She was mad because she thought I didn't even say "bye"
But it was only that she didn't hear me
I generally talk below a whisper

When I told you I loved you, I meant it
But when I told you to forget me
I was just so afraid I couldn't be with you
Talk to you, love you the way you deserved
And were the killer butterflies really worth it?
I wish I could say they were
I wish I could have known

You see this is why I'm still such a child
Because I can't get past myself and grow a pair
It's just so much easier said than done
It's just so pathetic but it's who I am

Your little boy
The one you'd always love
But could never stand next to

No comments: