Sunday, February 8, 2009

These Bones

The only thing that keeps me
From falling to the floor
Is these bones
And gravity will get me
Eventually
Regardless

The sky was once beautiful
It still is
It’s just that the stimulus
Wore thin
I wish I could find mere joy
In repetition
But I wasn’t born with a brain
Like that

So just let me melt
Into the floor here
And if that’s not good enough
I could just sink
Through the cracks in the surface
Soak up the dirt like an
Amoebic sponge
Meet the worms
Make new friends
Lose all the old ones
Even the good ones

The only thing that keeps me
From falling to the floor
Is your tiny words
That mean nothing to the world
But mean the world to me
To pass them on
Not out of pity
Nor to kill time
But because you want to hear
What I might reply
Some of what I say
May be meaningful
Most of it stupid
All I may get is laughter
But it’s worth it

No comments: